Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Monday 24 April 2023

Salthouse - Norfolk

There is a pool of water at the bottom of Beach Road, Salthouse, that I always stop at to have a look. It can appear to many at first glance as quite insignificant, but I've had some good birds here over the years, so I am always happy to spend a good half an hour or more watching and waiting. This visit was also productive as it added two more to the year list, in the form of Ringed Plover and Bar-tailed Godwit. A pair of Avocet were working the water, and a Little Egret dropped in too.

In the fields around the pool were Lapwings, Oystercatcher, Linnets and the Yellow Wagtail that I found on my way back to the car. It may not look like much to most people, but it's always worth a stop and look to see what's around and on the pool. As always, the early morning is the best time. The Early Birder catches the bird 😉


Bar-tailed Godwit

Little Egret

One of two Ringed Plover at the pool.



18 comments:

  1. I think we all have little spots like this, insignificant on the face of it, but often very productive, especially during migration. Any one of these birds would have made it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    What treasures for a morning's rise! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to be able to go to such a place.
    You were able to take beautiful pictures.
    The first photo is my favourite.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning series of photos, Adam.
    The Ringed Plover is such a cute bird!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos Adam. I think that whoever controls the water levels there has done a good job in keeping them at a perfect height for a selection of waders. Late April, a good time for seeing something out of the ordinary too., you timed your visit well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photography of 'our feathered friends' ~ thanks

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful birds....
    love most the first and last two photos.... look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning blog, and I favourite is a the Ringed Plover, thanks Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This week I saw a 3-part TV documentary serie about birds, it was wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing your fantastic captures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    The Early bird did catch the birds, what a nice variety too. I love them all, great photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Adam:=)
    Quite a good place to stop and wait, because you captured some super waterbirds, I like them all. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good watering place for birds and probably animals too. Love the neat reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great spot that is. I have been to that town several times to have smoked fish meals from the small restaurant there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a beautiful location! The photos are stunning and the bird sightings are incredible. I especially love the shot of the Bar-tailed Godwit - such a unique and elegant bird. It's always a treat to see the Ringed Plover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, all of my favorite birds. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are all wonderful birds (and great pictures). I would be happy to find any one of them let alone all in one place on one trip. Beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.