Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 30 April 2023

Goosander

Goosander numbers had been building on the inland lakes and reservoirs near my home. So lovely to look at and watch, but they tend not to venture too close and remain quite distant. This doesn't give for good photos unless there is good light, and that was the case last week when I was able to get some nice bright images. Most have now dispersed and will be having young. They will be back again late summer.

Two female Goosander



A female with two sleepy Tufted Ducks

Two females in flight.


6 comments:

  1. A very handsome duck, but where are the dashing males?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty. I like ducks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the name was unfamiliar so I checked, and the bird is quite familiar — in the US it’s called the Common Merganser. Nice photos!

    best,mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Adam,
    We call them mergansers, also nice with the crested ducks.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos..I know them as Mergansers... Lovely by any name..

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.