Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 6 May 2018

Black-necked Grebe

I usually make a special trip to Woolston Eyes near Warrington each Spring to see the Black-necked Grebes. Fantastic little birds, that when in their breeding plumage are something you must see. Not a great deal bigger than the Little Grebe and they spend a lot of their time diving and underwater. So not the easiest bird to find our watch. Well worth the trip though for a few views like this.



14 comments:

  1. He or she has such lovely dark brown feathers almost like mohagany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little bird! We have Pied-billed Grebes here. Interesting birds, but not near as pretty as your Black-necked Grebe
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they're wonderful...with that brown plumage they seem to have been carved from wood!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Grebes -- this is a beautiful new variety for me. One of my best ever birding experiences was seeing a parent pie-billed carrying a baby on its back! I need to look up to see if all grebes do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of an interesting bird. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I've ever seen a grebe.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/strange-sights.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice find. I don't have these around here, but do have the Pied-billed Grebe. He lurks in the edge of a pond and hides easily among the vegetation. Been watching for a baby on its back as Sallie mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny little red eyes things aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, what a pretty Grebe. Wonderful photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grebes...especially their feet...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.