Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 26 May 2018

The Wirral

The Wirral is an amazing place for bird watchers, as I think I have said many times before. It offers something every month of the year. Spring brings the usual migrant species, but it is also a great place for almost guaranteeing certain species that are not easy to find once they disperse throughout the country. Whinchat is one of those and I love being able to find one and even better if you can get a few shots of it.

Reed Warbler


A male Stonechat with a small caterpillar in it's bill.


A distant but very welcome Whinchat.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, I love finding elusive LBJ's and you're lucky to have this birding area which affords these finds. I love the Stonechat with the caterpillar. And great to see a Whinchat. Greetings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your visit to the Wirral paid off with some great birds and photos. They are all beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful little birds! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection of birds. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sweet little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'd go here often!
    Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cuties - and none of these are found here to the best of my knowledge, so I'm glad to have the opportunity to see them.
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/check-our-catbirds.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those little chats. Such pretty little fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty little bird and a new one for me to see Adam...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.