Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 12 May 2018

Common Redstart

While I was trawling the trails in the Goyt Valley looking for migrants it appeared that all the action was happening just a few feet from where I had parked the car. When we returned to the car, with only Pied Flycatcher of any real note on our list, I spotted a Common Redstart flitting around the low trees. It was one of my target birds and I was delighted to find it. Another started singing not far away, and I'm not sure if I saw a second one, or if it was this same bird playing tricks on me. Either way it was great to be watching this species again. It's a big part of my year to find these birds. I love them!

As was the way on this day, nothing sat up nicely without any branches in front of it.




20 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely colorful bird. Great photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your common redstart is lovely! A nice sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little bird! And great photos. Always fun to spot a bird when you're just about done with an outing. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sharing this special post with us birders this week at I'd Rather B Birdin', I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's the sweetest bird and not common at all. I know, I know -- but I've only seen one one time in my whole life and I (irrationally) hate it when any bird is called 'common'. Lovely pictures and the branches really don't distract -- they make it seem as if I were there watching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They resemble our robins.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/opa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little sweetie, who obviously likes you! Thanks for sharing.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of a lovely colorful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one had a good winter-nice and plump! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty little bird. I would be very happy to have them around my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little poser! He definitely brightens up the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice shots of this beautifully guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost reminds me of a robin...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty little bird. You must have great bins and camera. I am poor at finding birds that are a way off from me...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great captures despite the branches. Beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful shots of the redstart :) A beautiful bird :) I hope I will se some this week.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.