Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 29 April 2018

Pied Flycatcher

A long overdue visit to the Goyt Valley turned out to be very fruitful, with almost all my target birds safely ticked off. I thought it was going to be a disappointing trip when after an hour or so all I had was Canada Goose and Great Crested Grebe. I was grateful to bump into a fellow birder who kindly put me onto a male Pied Flycatcher. I didn't see any last year, but I ended up see two males today, with a third bird also noted.
Typically though, it was a grey afternoon, and the birds were content to hide behind branches and leaves and out of range for any good shots.
Seeing them more than made up for it though.







16 comments:

  1. Pretty bird! One I've never heard of, or will ever see.


    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting species Adam. It's one that I hardly ever see on migration, coming or going. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid birds! Used to head down to Devon to see them.

    Long time, no visit! Hope all is well with you.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you had such a fruitful trip! Glad you saw the pied flycatcher. Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never of heard of it but it's very nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so wonderful! I have never heard of one before and glad to see it in your post!
    Greetings from Sydney and have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little chickadee!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/04/saints-among-us-then-and-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos despite the weather!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could identify more birds based on their calls. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. how nice! I have been looking for them but no luck so far. Hope tehy will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty shots from your "grey day."

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute bird and nice photos even on a gray day..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.