Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 20 August 2015

Pennignton Flash - The Usual Fair

Another good mix of birds from Pennington Flash. Nothing unusual this time, just a good variety.
Great Crested Grebes have been quite numerous on the main Flash. With some fast developing juveniles around too, it seems to have been a good year for them, or maybe its just an average year and I have noticed too much before. Either way they are always nice to watch.


Greenfinch have been in good numbers too, and this is something I've noticed in other parts of Manchester and Cheshire too. This is good, as some years back they were quite hard to come by.

A Jay came down to greet me as I parked the car. They'll be getting busy soon to stash food for the winter.


A Lapwing in front of Horrocks Hide.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, tyo me they are too attractive to be ordinary. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE having a jay like that greet me at my car as I parked. All are great bird images this time [as always] Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Green finch!! We have lots of Finches but I never heard of a green one..Nice pictures Stewart..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jay is a beautiful bird and often seems underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are most of your photos taken? I often see birds which are unfamiliar to me.
    I hope to see you at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/double-play-on-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You arefortunate to hae a Jay greet you Adam. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Different birds, pretty birds... your post today was lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love all these birds. The Grebe and Lapwings have always been favorites and I love the Cute Greenfinch and pretty Jay! Wonderful photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice birds, your jays look so different..but quite striking.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that flash of blue on the Jay - so beautiful against his muted tones.

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting birds, especially the Jay
    Have a great week-end
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Adam,
    They are all beauties - I liked the Jay the 'best'.
    Great finds and snaps!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colouring of both the Jay and the Lapwing.
    Will these birds migrate come Autumn?
    You're so lucky living in an area with many species - I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pictures - I was surprised at how many GCG's I saw when I was back in the UK - they must be doing better than 20 years ago. Well, I hope so.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Greenfinch is adorable, Adam. Great pix!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another lovely series of beautiful birds. I particularly like the Great Crested Grebe.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.