Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 22 April 2012

Common Sandpiper

The other day, I missed a Common Sandpiper on my patch. Work got in the way of my birding once again. On Saturday though, I made my current pilgrimage to Macclesfield Forest. The heavy rain made me sit in the car for a few minutes. I could see the stoney bank of Teggs Nose reservoir and thought, I'll just have look through the binoculars to see if there is one. I put the window down and there it was. A Common Sandpiper bang on cue. Lovely little bird and very dainty looking in flight. I managed a few shots when I eventually got out of the car, but the light was poor and the rain was still falling, so they are quite grainy.

 Can you spot the Sandpiper?

Same picture, but cropped heavily to reveal the Sandpiper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.