Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 20 April 2012

Macclesfield Forest

Some more shots from Macclesfield Forest. A nice mix of birds seen last weekend. Another Crossbill below here and a Siskin.
I found a pair of Mandarin ducks sat up in a tree. Not really where I thought I might find them, when I was looking for Redstart and Flycatchers. I think this site will only get better in the coming weeks with the hopeful return of these two species.

Female Crossbill

Look at that bill.(please excuse the branch in the way)

Siskin

A pair of Mandarin ducks in a tree. Not where I expected to find them.

Just when you think it might be something interesting, it's usually a Chaffinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.