Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 17 December 2022

Morning Glory

Early mornings in Norfolk are great. If you can be out before the early dog walkers you can find some true gold. Much like these Golden Plover at rest with a few Lapwings. The sun was just starting to rise and the light was a nice orangey gold. I've said it many times, but this really is my favourite time of the day. When it's just me and nature, it feels like it belongs to me. Only I am seeing it at that time, and it feels special. Just need a few more of them to be bright like this, and not cloudy. Here are a few pictures of what I saw.

Golden Plover with a few Lapwings.


Grey Heron looking rather cold.

Grey Plover

Bar-tailed Godwits

Bar-tailed Godwit scouring the coast line

Black-tailed Godwit


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds , I would love to see the Lapwings. The Grey Plover is a cutie. Great sightings of both the Bar-tailed and Black-tailed Godwits. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean by you owning what you see early, early in the day. I miss those times tremendously. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots. Worth being up early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Godwit and all of the shore birds. It's nice to be able to get out early. Enjoy your holiday weekend! I'll keep the Jeep ready for when you visit! ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry...I thought I was writing to Phil about the Jeep but of course I would love for you to visit Florida too! It's warm here this week!

      Delete
  5. I think you hit the nail on the head - " It feels like it belongs to me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early morning is my favourite time too. Beautiful sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Adam, you saw some fabulous shore birds. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We could do a poll of birders and find out the earliest time they had seen people out with dogs. My own feeling is that it would be 12 30 am, or certainly an hour before dawn at any time of the year. They are a bloody nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Godwits look so unique and free spirit on the beach

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Godwit seems like a fitting bird to see during Christmas. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.