Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Down by the Beach

A cold morning at the beach in Norfolk during the winter months always throws up some good birds. These were taken at the start of this year, when it was cold, but not as cold as it is here right now. 

There were some Pintail on a pool at Cley, and on the sea were several Red-breasted Mergansers. The beach held all sorts of waders, with Oystercatchers, Dunlin, Sanderling, Plovers and Curlew. Geese were flying overhead making lots of noise, just in case I hadn't noticed the vast numbers with my own eyes. The sun had not been long in the sky, so it made for some very nice light.

Pintail


Red-breasted Merganser

Common Redshank

Oystercatcher

Sanderling


Sanderling and Oystercatcher


8 comments:

  1. Excellent shots in beautiful morning light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sublime photos, Adam! 👍👍
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red-breasted Merganser looks fantastic....
    great captures.......

    # Happy December

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, I love all of these birds. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I wish you all the best in 2023. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice assortment of birds. Love the Pintails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful captures! Pintails have arrived here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots! I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series of pictures, Adam. Pintail is surely the most elegant of all ducks; others may be more colourful, more beautiful perhaps, but nothing quite matches the bespoke stylishness of a Pintail.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.