Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 31 July 2015

Macclesfield

My recent walk in the Cheshire countryside led me to some of my favourite spots. Clough Brook runs along beneath Macclesfield Forest and is a very good spot for Dippers and Grey Wagtails. I only managed to see one Dipper, but there were plenty of Grey Wags, with busy parents feeding their young.

This juvenile Grey Wagtail was sitting patiently while Mum and Dad were off looking for food nearby.



Grey Heron in the gloom.
A Robin looking a little dishevelled. It's probably had a busy time raising a family.


19 comments:

  1. The wagtail is such a sweet little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, lovely birds and images. The Wagtail is just adorable. I love the sweet Robin too. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank, just stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  3. Nice images..Your Robin is very different from ours..Cute little Wagtail..Have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots here, the Wagtail is adorable! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wagtail and the robin. Both are adorable little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is not the robin I grew up with interesting lovely shots every grain in rock !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shots of beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very lovely bird images. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy your heron in flight pic. I don't get much success with them.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a robin look quite like that. I wonder if there are different varieties? Ours are much darker with larger, brighter belly markings.
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/orchids-variety-in-bloom.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice clear photos. Love the orange color in the last bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, I wish I had more time to get shots like these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love birds. You captured these one nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great captures! Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice selection of birds..the sweet baby and the flying heron... and your robin... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the different birds you captured. Your photos are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great images of the little wagtail :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.