Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 29 March 2012

Wheatears and Weasles

Today with the weather so good I just wanted to be outside for as long as I could. I headed to Macclesfield again for a look at the Crossbills, but found myself spending more time watching a couple of different pairs of Dippers along the river Dane. Dippers always entertain me, and when I get the chance to watch them at close quarters it's even better.
Highlight of the day though was a single Swallow flying low across the slopes of the moors at Danebower. A nice sight to see to remind us that Summer is coming. Again, as at the weekend there were plenty of Wheatears and Meadow Pipits around. A couple of Red Grouse blew there cover and there were 3 Stonechat knocking around as well. A stoat freaked me out a little as it appeared from nowhere just a few feet away, to stare at me for what seemed like an age, while I froze. Would have been a great photo, but I couldn't get to it without spoiling my own view of it.

Northern Wheatear



 Meadow Pipit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.