Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 25 March 2012

Macclesfield Forest

By 6.30am on Saturday I was up at Standing Stone car park in Macclesfield Forest. I was on the hunt for Crossbills. A bird that I have tried and failed to track down on too many occasions. Today though, in bright Spring sunshine, my luck was in. Within minutes of arriving 3 flew to a tree in front of me, two males and a female. Others kept coming and going, but I managed to get a few half decent pics. They aren't great, but they are proof that I finally saw them.



I really have no idea how they pick anything up with a bill like that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam
    Great post this one. Smashing birds and a species that I have yet to get a good photo of.

    Guess I need to get up to Standing stone CP a little earlier.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.