Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 27 July 2024

The Hen Harrier

Earlier in the year, I was pretty fortunate to have quite a few sightings of Hen Harriers. Most, if not all, were seen around our coasts, as they over-wintered or passed through. Most were fairly short glimpses through the binoculars, and on one occasion one was a stunning male. One early morning though on the East Bank at Cley, I caught an early distant sight of a female heading towards me over the reeds. I had time to get me camera ready as this majestic bird glided ever closer and then right across the path in front of me. I probably only had it in view for a minute (if that), but it was enough to make me smile and feel very privileged.

Female Hen Harrier










3 comments:

  1. Hello. It really looks like a majestic bird. You managed to get a great serie of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flight captures! The Harrier is beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures of the bird in flight. I was almost reminded of the Superman theme. Well done mate! Be well.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.