Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Elegant Tern, Cemlyn Bay

If I ever needed another excuse to visit Anglesey, what better excuse than to be able to tick a lifer in the form of an Elegant Tern. This bird was mingling within a Tern colony that included Sandwich, Common, Arctic and when I visited a pair of Roseate Terns. 

It's completely off track from where it should be, but it does appear that this particular bird is one that had been in France recently. This is only the second record for Wales, and it really stood out amongst the colony. It had it's own perch and always returned to it after a flight.

It kept me entertained that's for sure,










8 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,
    Such beautiful photos of this elegant tern.
    I enjoyed it.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series on the Elegant Tern. They are pretty birds.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shots of the tern, especially the flying ones.

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/08/yet-another-birding-trip-to-saul-kere.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capturing them in flight is amazing! Love the elegance of this bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great shots you got of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it a rush of quiet excitement when you see something unexpected? Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous series of images!
    Thanks so much for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/08/warm-strawberry-puff.html

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.