Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 27 June 2019

Flycatchers

Two days and two different Flycatchers. I was up early at the weekend and headed to Derbyshire, where I was treated to some lovely Flycatchers. Saturday brought me the Pied Flycatcher, busy feeding it's young that I think would have been very close to fledging. I only saw the female once and very briefly. The male was doing most of the work (as usual. No not really, we all know that's not true) I'm so pleased to have seen that they had some young. I was there a few weeks previously when they were just prospecting the nest site and making it all comfy. A successful time for them I hope.








Sunday brought me some sunshine and this time some Spotted Flycatchers. These, being a little later to arrive were only just checking out a nest site and bringing in some nesting material. They were very showy, which was a good thing, as my previous sighting this year at Leasowe was all under canopy and behind branches. Hopefully these have been successful also, and I will try to get back and see how they've done.







6 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, I enjoyed all the neat bird photos. You got some excellent shots. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Hope you have a fine weekend ahead. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wieder schöne Aufnahmen.
    Die kleinen Vögelchen sind meine Lieblinge !
    Mein Beitrag:
    https://meinmitmach.blogspot.com/2019/06/hoverflies-schwebefliegen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, they are both beautiful birds. It is nice learning about these two flycatchers.
    Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. Thanks also for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are cute birds and both are very common in Finland.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did get some beautiful photos! It's so much fun to spot something out of the ordinary. Love that black and white...striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Adam,
    I really like to see this.
    Two different flycatchers.
    Very nicely photographed and really beautiful to see.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.