Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 14 July 2018

Stonechat

A few weeks ago I took a long weekend break to the Farne Islands (more about what I saw there in future posts). I planned my route up so that I could make several stops along the way to see various birds and to break the journey up. So rather than following the quickest route I took the scenic route. This involved driving up through the Lake District to Carlisle, and then East through Northumberland, almost following Hadrian's Wall.
One area that I stopped at looked very good for Stonechat, and I was quickly rewarded with a family of them.

The male keeping a close eye on me.

One of the juveniles, looking very healthy.


I do like these birds a lot. Really enjoy watching them.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing shots. Such pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds! You got some great shots. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Adam...I wanted to be a birder and bought a decent pair of binoculars only to find out that I am one of the rare people that get dizzy looking through them. So that was the end of that and I am a yard bird watcher now...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Adam, the Stonechat is a beautiful bird. Wonderful collection of photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.