Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 9 June 2018

Sedge Warbler

It's a fabulous time of year for watching birds. Everything is a bit later this year, but finally things are getting into full swing, as is the weather.
I took a trip to RSPB Burton Mere for a fix of warblers and waders. I wasn't disappointed as the reed beds and scrapes were alive with activity. One warbler that I do really enjoy seeing, and hearing, is the Sedge Warbler. Their song is so varied and vivid it brings any reed bed to life. I found a few last week, and they were all busy on territory. This meant that they would sit up nice and proud to project their songs. It helped with the pictures I got too.




What a fantastic bird. 

16 comments:

  1. Some fabulous shots of the bird in song. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, great shots of the Warbler. I love the last shot of him singing. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots. I love to catch them singing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shots!
    I almost hear her singing ...
    Enjoy the beauty of the nature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots of the vocal Sedge Warbler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! Such a sweet little bird. And your photos are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I especially like the ones you've captured of your Sedge Warbler in the middle of singing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful little fellow.
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/06/an-unusual-sighting.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree...I love this time of year as watching wildlife brings me such joy...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ones where he’s singing! 🎼

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shots in full-throated song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow !! These are so gorgeous shots !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.