Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 20 May 2017

Buff-breasted Sandpipe

A special bird turned up yesterday at Burton Mere on the Wirral. A Buff-breasted Sandpiper seems to have lost its way from North America. We do get the odd one or two each year, but it's quite unusual to have one here in Cheshire. It was not a bird to miss. Chances are I might not get to see one again, and as it was only 30 miles down the road, off I popped.
Usually when there is something rare at Burton it is at the hide furthest away, and involves a trek with scope, camera, binoculars and tripod. This time, as luck would have it, it was showing well from the first hide. A real bonus.
I was put onto it straight away by the very helpful RSPB volunteer in the hide.
What a treat, and what a bird.



2 comments:

  1. Certainly; what a bird. Glad you got to see it and thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a thrill to see a new bird. How nice for this Sandpiper to pay you a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.