Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 28 April 2016

Little Ringed Plover

On my way to see the Kentish Plover I was constantly scouring the reservoir and it's banks to see what else was about. I spotted a Common Sandpiper bobbing and weaving along the shoreline, as they do. Close by were a pair of Little Ringed Plover. At first I had to make sure these weren't the Kentish variety. Then I found myself really taken with them. One was feeding along the waters edge, and one was kindly stood proudly with the sun on it's back. I can't resist these little waders. So I stopped for a few minutes and watched them.

The yellow eye-ring nicely visible.

What a super little bird.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of this lovely bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a favorite of mine but I rarely see it. :( Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, loving the yellow ring around the plovers eye!
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Adam, yoru Little Ringed Plover is adorable. Great shots!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gorgeous...definitely eye catching! No pun intended! Such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend to add your link to the tool there gave us a thrill; thank you!! Wow....this is a wonderful bird. That eye ring is so bold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sweet bird, and that yellow eye ring is so pronounced!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.