Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Monday 7 May 2012

Pied Flycatcher

After several attempts in Macclesfield Forest, I finally located  Pied Flycatchers this weekend. They seem a few weeks late, much like a lot of our summer migrants, but with the weather as it has been in recent weeks this may not be a bad thing for the first brood. Only time will tell if fortunes are the same for those that manage two broods.
A nice cold but bright morning with my Mum and daughter in toe, saw snowflakes fluttering as we arrived early (are we really in May). I soon picked up the song of the Pied Flycatcher and then spotted him fluttering around the canopy of a tree.
Here are some shots of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.