Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 26 February 2012

Roding Valley Meadows

A weekend at my parents in Essex always gives me the opportunity to visit one of my favourite places and somewhere that I spent a lot of time when growing up. Roding Valley Meadows in Loughton is a 160 acre nature reserve that follows the river Roding for a mile and a half from Debden to Buckhurst Hill. There's always lots to see. This weekend I managed a Little Egret, Ring-necked Parakeets, Green Woodpeckers, Common Gulls, Fieldfares, Redwings and lots of the usual stuff. Kingfishers are pretty regular along with Herons and plenty of raptors. Always a joy to have a wander round.

Little Egret on the river Roding

Common Gulls

Common Gull in flight

Ring-necked Parakeet, that seem to be spreading. You usually hear them before you see them.

Now, I am no fan of squirrels, but this one looked quite cute with the sun on it's back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.