Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Tuesday 27 December 2011

2011 Highlights (Part 2 of 3)


Sandpipers of all varieties were seen throughout the summer. Although sadly, the one I wanted (Wood Sandpiper) escaped me, as I missed it on several occasions in Altrincham.
Green Sandpipers were plentiful at Pennington Flash, Leigh, as was the Common Sandpiper. A less common variety that I did manage to see was the Curlew Sandpiper.
My Waterbird/Wader highlight was probably the Avocet. Quite common on East coastal sites of the UK, but the one I saw was inland in Greater Manchester. Running the Avocet close, was the Water Rail I saw in the Lea Valley with my Dad. It gave great views dashing through the reed beds. Sadly I didn’t get any good shots of either, but here are some of the Green Sandpipers.


Green Sandpiper

These three weren't a crowd for me.

A nice shot with wings spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.