Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 1 June 2014

Storm Chaser

The weather forecast for my weekend in Norfolk was for heavy showers and sunshine. With this in mind, my plan was to wait out any rain in a hide or the car. The first rain arrived a lot sooner than I thought. I was the only one sat in the hide when I noticed the sky turning yellow. Then I heard the neighbours upstairs moving some heavy furniture. It quickly dawned on me that this was a storm and that was thunder I heard. So I thought I'd enjoy this storm and opened all the windows in the hide and waited. It came in very fast and the rain was torrential. It last for around ten minutes, but it was spectacular and I have to admit I rather enjoyed myself in there all alone. I can even see the appeal of becoming a storm chaser. Well, sort of.


This poor coot carries on as though nothing is happening.

The Shoveler was less impressed by the bullet sized rain that was hitting him.

 
This Avocet took an unusual stance of raising it bill in the air.

Before beating a hasty retreat.

16 comments:

  1. ...a video would've been another interesting addition to this post too Adam. I'm sure it was a little eerie riding out the storm in the hide. You got some great shots; the Shovelers are amazing ..a little comical looking to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful shots of all the birds in the rain! Yes, it has been raining a lot here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic place and photos, the Avocet is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of birds. I love the Avocets.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these rainy shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad about the rain!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great set of photos. the shoveler looks none too pleased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like it's really pouring down. Nice shots though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous shots! I've never seen a Shoveler, but would love to. Their bills are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy a good downpour! Great captures with the rain all around. Interesting beaks on all these birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yes I think I would have liked to have been in the hide to see the storm also. Great shots of the birds in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, poor birdies. They don't look happy at all! (I wouldn't be either.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this....birds in the rain. AND that avocet....incredible images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The birds look surprisingly comical, especially the angry shoveller! I love solitary moments in nature - this all sounds perfect to me. I could definitely become a storm chaser too, we get some crackers in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sitting out the storm in the hide sounds wonderful, and with all that rain, you got some seldom seen shots. I love running avocet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome images you have here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.