Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Tuesday 10 June 2014

A Tern for the Best

From Cley beach a few weeks ago, I got the unexpected surprise of seeing five or six Little Terns fishing. Super little birds. They look very light as they float effortlessly through the air, constantly looking down for that fish or sand eel that might give itself up for a snack. I must say, very difficult to capture with the camera though. Small grey bird against grey sky doesn't lend itself to easy focusing and even harder when they move so quickly.






13 comments:

  1. You did a great job of photographing them. I saw a Common Tern at Burton Mere a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen a Little tern this year. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating photos, tern look really very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love terns, they are cool to watch dive into the water.. Great shots..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great shots! I love terns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adam All these flight shots are fantastic. You were fortunate to see as many as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shots of the Tern in flight. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see. These little terns
    You also have the flying terns beautifully portrayed.
    Class!
    Greeting, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely bird to capture in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Terns are a favorite of mine, I love to watch them fish! Great series! Thank you for linking up with my critter party. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You didn't even have to tell us it was difficult because the pictures came out beautifully ... I'm not surprised. You always manage to get great shots of interesting birds. I love the Terns... our state park is trying to protect a small group of Black Terns that have been nesting around the Fox River. Very well done EB ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, good job! You got great shots!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.