Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 19 June 2014

Little Egret

I seem to be coming across these guys quite a lot recently. They are doing extremely well in this country. There was a time not so long ago when they were pretty infrequent, rare in fact. Thankfully they seem to be positively thriving, especially in the South of the country. This one below was seen in Norfolk, but I also saw four last weekend at my parent's in Essex. These were never seen when I was growing up, but now a visit doesn't go by without seeing at least one.

That foot reminds me of a rattan cane umbrella handle.

11 comments:

  1. A very elegant looking bird. I love the flight shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful egrets, great sighting and photo. Thank you for linking up, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great bird and beautiful photos. In my area he is still a rare guest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great captures. I love the in-flight shot, it's marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice capture, especially the flight shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very professional shots of the egret ~ they seem to be coming back in the States as well ~ thanks, Happy Week to you ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely flight shot Adam. Little Egrets are more numerous than Grey Herons around here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Egret and a great flight shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see them coming back again. Can you think of any environmental changes that may have contributed to that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first photo is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice shot this magestic bird, happy summer!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.