Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 15 June 2014

Black Guillemot


Whilst in Wales looking for Sea birds I took a detour to Holyhead after hearing that there were Black Guillemot in the harbour. I parked up and scanned around to see what was about. Not a lot it would seem. So I contented myself with looking out to sea. It was a nice sunny day, so it was pretty pleasant. Then walking back to the car and a few more scans around the harbour and I spotted one. Just bobbing around on the water. I managed to drive a little closer and get some pretty good views. lovely red feet very visible in the clear water. What a beauty!
 
 



13 comments:

  1. Wow...very dapper looking bird in his formal attire!!!
    Thanks for linking up this weekend at the Bird D'Pot,,,much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very handsome bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a great looking bird to see. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks rather elegant. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a handsome bird that I haven't seen yet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute bird with this red feet. Good you scanned around twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peacfully swimming along....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photography for OWT and love the red webbed feet ~ thanks, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing these birds on the Oregon coast. They are pretty. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't have noticed the feet without your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. always love to see the ducklings and goslings in early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classic colours!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.