Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 16 August 2013

Gauntelt Bird of Prey Centre Part 1

Now, I know some birders and photographers will not like what I am about to do, and that is to share some pictures that I took at the weekend at a bird of prey centre. Yes, captive birds. My excuse though is a real one. I'd not picked up the camera in over seven months and I needed some easy practise. So I spent half an hour watching a display put on at Gauntlet Bird of Prey Centre near Tatton Park in Cheshire. Some fantastic birds were flown, including a White-tailed sea eagle, a Bald eagle, Kites and the enormous Marabou stork.
I'll say no more but allow you to see the results of my practise session.

The White-tailed sea eagle. Absolutely massive.
 
 

A rather ugly looking vulture

The stunning Red Kite
 
Black Kite

A Marabou Stork from Africa. A truly enormous bird to see in flight.

 


1 comment:

  1. Amazing, breathtaking captures, Adam!! Such incredibly beautiful birds! Thank you for sharing!! I always look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.