Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 26 April 2024

Summer Migrants

It's that time again! I popped to one of my favourite places last week on the hunt for some of our Summer migrants, and I was delighted to be able to catch up with a few of them. The numbers are still a bit thin on the ground, but I'm hoping that it is still early in the season and that more will follow. Pied Flycatchers were the first to be located in their usual spot, but only two males around at the moment and no sign of the females. 

One or two Redstarts were singing and then finally located feeding along a wall. A Tree Pipit was also singing and parachuting down to it's favoured tree, and it's song echoed across the valley. Willow Warblers were singing everywhere and were by far the most common migrant in song. Lovely to have them all back and hopefully I will be catching up with them many more times before they once again depart our shores.

Pied Flycatcher





Common Redstart

Willow Warbler

Tree Pipit

4 comments:

  1. The pied flycatcher is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of the Pied Flycatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bird shots! Summer is calling at your favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flycatcher. We have some similar and it's one of the bird songs I recognize...usually!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.