Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 7 April 2024

Migration Time

A couple of weeks ago, I headed up into the hills and moors above Macclesfield, as I often do at this time of year, in search of some early migrant activity. As other birds seemed to be about a week ahead of schedule on previous years I took the gamble and went looking for Ring Ouzel. It was cold up there, and what seemed like a long wait and search of about 15 minutes paid dividends. A lovely male Ring Ouzel was feeding below on the rocky slopes. These birds are really special to watch and I'm so fortunate to be able to view them each year. Hopefully this one pairs up and manages to breed successfully.

Male Ring Ouzel


A supporting cast of Wheatears, and Meadow Pipits were nice to have as company and the Wheatear is such a handsome photogenic bird, as it hops along and poses nicely on mounds, rocks or fence posts. I counted at least 3, but it was hard to keep up as they were constantly moving around .
This amazing male was good enough to pose not too far away from me.

Wheatear






5 comments:

  1. Great sighting of the Ring Ouzel. The Wheatear is a beautiful bird too. Great photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care and happy Sunday, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another bird that I have not seen before

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of the wheatear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome spotting! The Ring Ouzel looks magnificent. Wheatears are lovely too, those photos captured them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I glad your trip into the hills proved to be very fruitful. You took some very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.