Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 11 April 2024

Holkham

A cold Spring day along the Holkham fresh marsh, and there was plenty to be seen. Brent geese were in good numbers, and there were plenty of waterfowl. Ruff seemed to appear out of thin air, as every time I turned round there were more. Egyptian Geese were making one hell of a racket, and one pair seemed to be nest building high up in the pines. 

On the beach and shoreline, a handful of Sanderling were scuttling about whilst being ably supported in numbers by the loud calling Oystercatchers. Although the sun was out, like many walks at Holkham, it was very much on the cold side.

Brent Goose (dark-bellied)


Egyptian Goose, and a few Ruff.


The lovely Sanderling at the waters edge.



 A pair of Wigeon on the marsh.


5 comments:

  1. Egyptian goose has a very nice plumage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a number of Egyptian geese around this year. Seem to be on the increase in London. Much more attractive than the Canadian variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Wonderful captures of the geese and ducks. The Wigeons are my favorites, the Sanderlings are so cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Egyptian Geese are so different from our geese. Love their colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great Duck/geese pictures..The Sanderlings and the Wigeons are adorable .I don't think I have ever seen an Egyptian Goose.. Have a wonderful week.


    Reply

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.