Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 8 March 2024

Wandering on the Wirral

I continued my day off, by heading to the Wirral, jus the other side of the Mersey Tunnel from Lunt. Out on the Marsh of the Dee Estuary I had a nice female Hen Harrier, Pink-footed Geese, Marsh Harrier, Little Egrets and several Great White Egrets. 

One particular Great Egret flew right in front of me at just a few meters. Thankfully the light was still good, and gave me an opportunity to raise the camera and get a few shots.

 Great White Egret



At West Kirby Marine Lake, there had been a Red-breasted Merganser, but I missed this, or it had flown off. I did however enjoy watching the waders that were sheltering on the rocks at high tide. Dunlin, Knot, Turnstone and Redshank were all huddled up taking a rest.

Dunlin




Dunlin keeping an eye out for any trouble, and a Turnstone in the background.

Redshanks, Turnstones and one Knott (centre) crammed for space.

Redshanks in the foreground and a few Turnstone off to the left.


3 comments:

  1. They are certainly busy and crowded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adam, Lovely pictures as usual. Perhaps when the sun shine's I will get some.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.