Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 22 February 2024

Waxwing Winter

Waxwings have been in good supply this winter, and either side of the new year. I was fortunate enough to see a small flock in November in Wiveton, Norfolk, but then caught up with a really substantial flock of 100+ birds in January in Derbyshire. These birds were feeding on the berries along the Monsal trail. They put on a great show for the many birders and locals that walked past. It's been probably 10 years since I last saw so many here in the UK, and this has truly been a Waxwing Winter. I hope it's not another 10 years until the next one.









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the waxwings.
    Photos 2 and 4 are my favorite.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, the Waxwing is a beautiful bird. Always a treat to see!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to get to see these this year. I don't think we've seen our usuals but the trees they always came to have been cut down. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always seem to be such elegant birds. Great shots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.