Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 1 February 2024

Twite

A bird that I have only seen fleetingly a handful of times before, is the Twite. I never have much luck with these shy birds. I have gone looking for them on many occasions and usually come up blank. I know where they can be found, but I somehow dodge them, or they don't like me. While out in the Lancashire countryside, I dropped in to a regular area for them, and this time a flock of around 30 birds dropped in over my head to an area of shore that had been seeded by some kind birder. I couldn't believe my luck this time. I'd not even started to look for them and there they were in front of me.

A super little bird with their small yellow bills. Most had colour rings on their legs from the local ringing groups. This helps to identify their movements when seen again and reported. I aim to let the relevant people know so that they can log the birds sighting.









8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful bird, and it's nice that you got to see so many of them once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful series of photos from this twite.
    Nice species that I've never seen before.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Twite is a pretty bird, congrats on your sighting. Beautiful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of a rather plain though unusual bird.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one bird looks like it's falling down the cliff...Help me! lol They are very pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. What a surprise that you could take photos now. I really thought they were sparrows, but now I see the difference. Do they also live in the Netherlands? https://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Aam. I don't think I have ever photographed one.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.