Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 17 June 2023

Black-winged Stilts - RSPB Frampton

Some weeks ago there was quite a lot of movement around the country from Black-winged Stilts. This is a wading bird that had avoided me on quite a number of occasions over recent years, but a bird that is becoming more regular in numbers each year. 

With reports of 3 birds at RSPB Frampton a few weeks ago, it was easy enough to pop in on my way home from Norfolk and try my luck. It was a good walk on a gloomy morning to the hide and area that they were reported in, and it wasn't long before I picked out the first 2 birds. The scope was required but well worth the closer view. The third bird then appeared from nowhere and crossed the reeds in front of us. Superb views of a great bird.

It was also recently confirmed that the pair decided that they liked where they were and set up a nest and have not hatched 4 young. A first for Lincolnshire, and also a life tick for me with this bird.













10 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by these lovely images of the black-winged stilts. I never grow weary of observing their graceful ballet-like movements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Adam. I have yet to see a Black-winged Stilt in Lancashire but fully expect to in coming years. Leighton Moss or Martin Mere would seem to be perfect for stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You photographed the tilts in their own habits. So original and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Adam
    They are lovely birds to see, beautiful series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to see this bird and to get so many good photos. I know you were happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are graceful and beautifully marked, and your photos capture these birds just fantastically.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very enjoyable to see. You took some fine shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww.... fantastic shots....
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to watch these long-legged beauties -- they are so graceful. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.