Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Waders ahoy!

On my patch in recent weeks there have been some fantastic birds dropping in. Spring, I find, is the best time of the year for seeing birds you don't normally see on your doorstep. The quite impressive list includes, Redshank, Dunlin, Curlew, Oystercatcher, Common Sandpiper, (I did see it eventually) Little Grebe, Wheatear and Little Ringed Plover. The LRPs have dropped in and moved on again quite quickly but are a real joy to see when you catch them.

Curlews overhead.


The new green keeper on the golf course is doing a sterling job with the drainage.

A Stockport rarity. Little Ringed Plover

Northern Wheatear have been in good numbers this year at Woodford

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam
    Is the Oystercatcher from Adlington?

    You must start posting to WBW (World Bird Wednesday) its a great way to get to meet bird minded people form across the Globe

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.