Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 7 April 2012

Pennington Flash

Pennington Flash in Leigh has many different varieties of habitat, which is why it attracts so many different species of bird and is widely seen as the premier birding site in Greater Manchester. Just this week, an Osprey has been on site on more than one occasion.
My highlights today were seeing my first Sand Martins of the year and some good views of Snipe. A truly stunning little bird I never tire of seeing. You rarely leave the Flash disappointed. If all else fails there is always the Bunting Hide, where you are more or less guaranteed good views of Bullfinch, Reed Bunting, Willow Tit and many more. I try to get round the whole site but always make a point of calling in to the Bunting as one of my last stops. Below are just a few Bullfinch shots from today.

A lovely pair

A handsome male

 An equaly good looking female (if not so colourful)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.