Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Monday 9 April 2012

Summer Migrants

Our summer migrants are starting to return to our shores. The Chiffchaff's song, if I am being honest, annoys me quite a bit come May and June. But hearing it for the first time in Spring makes me glow with excitement. It's the realisation that everything will be as normal and we will soon be joined by the many other migrants that make their own long journeys. Blackcaps too are appearing in good numbers. Their scratchy song can be heard now. They don't make it too easy for you to see them though, as they sing usually among the branches, as opposed to perching nicely on top for you. Very nice looking birds.

Chiffchaff

Blackcap


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.