Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 Highlights (Part 3 of 3)


I managed to track down a few of my favourite birds this year. The Redstart, Pied and Spotted Flycatchers. The first two were located on the edge of Macclesfield Forest, whilst the Spotted Flycatcher (which had evaded me all year) turned up unexpectedly at Roding Valley Meadows in Loughton, Essex, on a trip to my parents. It gave good views for the two days I was there. Unfortunately the Redstart would not come down to a nice height for me, so this shot is from underneath it and through the trees, which is not the best angle to view this colourful bird. I hope to do better next Spring.




The Pied Flycathcer



The Spotted Flycatcher



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.