Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 23 December 2011

2011 Highlights (Part 1 of 3)


Approaching the end of the year, I thought I'd try and pick out my birding highlights of the last 12 months. There have been many this year in a list of 138 different species seen.

In no particular order, here we go. The year started well with an invasion of Waxwings from Scandinavia. I was fortunate to see some on four separate occasions from Stockport to Macclesfield. Listen for the trill that these birds make. It’s quite unmistakeable.
As Spring and Summer arrived so did our migrant birds, and as luck would have it so did a Wood Warbler, not far from my house in Carrs Wood, Bramhall. A fantastic bird, gave brilliant views for several weeks. A real delight, and a first for me.


My first encounter with Waxwings came in Wilmslow, where this shot was taken.



I liked this shot in black and white. These Waxwings were seen in Edgley, Stockport.


The Wood Warbler, which sang non stop for several weeks.


Wood Warbler again. This time getting ready to sing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.