Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 10 October 2024

Green Sandpiper

An early Autumn visit to Martin Mere allowed me to get good close views of a Green Sandpiper. I'd seen one or two in the Spring as they moved through my local area, but each were at quite some distance. This one kindly patrolling the muddy margins just outside of one of the hides. Never too easy to watch if out in the open, as they get spooked quite easily, so this was a nice treat to be able to sit and watch it do it's thing.

Green Sandpiper




This is quite often as good as a view gets of a Water Rail. This one caught my eye for just the few seconds it showed itself from the reeds, before disappearing again into the undergrowth.

Water Rail


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.