Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 27 March 2016

Skylark

It's not often I am able to get as close to a Skylark as this. I'd stopped in a layby on the moors to see what was about when I spotted this Skylark wandering around on the grassy verge. The camera was in the boot. So I had to stealthily get out of the car and walk crouched to the boot, all the while hoping it hadn't seen me, or at least seen me as a threat. (I was also hoping no one else would drive past and see me behaving in such a way). Anyway, I managed no to scare the bird off and rested on my wing mirror to get these pictures.
So well camouflaged, and nice to see it this close for a change.




4 comments:

  1. Hello, the Skylark is a pretty bird. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The things we do for a photo! It all paid off and nobody thinks you're weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little bird photos Adam... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous captures!.....only another photographer would understand your behaviour in getting your camera out....anyone else would think you were a nutter!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.