Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 13 November 2015

Pink Feet

Pink-footed Geese are what I really look forward to seeing in the Autumn. A trip to Martin Mere in Lancashire is a highlight of this season for me. Thousands and thousands of geese and wildfowl are attracted to the habitat here. It's a real spectacle that I never tire of.
I went a little earlier this year than I normally do and I manages to see the first Whooper Swans of the Autumn come in. It was the Pink-footed Geese that really stole the show for me though.
What a sight and what a sound? They have to be seen to be fully appreciated.




11 comments:

  1. It is cool seeing these large flocks of geese. I would like to see one of them. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, just stopping back to say thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious sight to see so many swans and geese in the air and on land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see so many geese. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots, Adam. I like seeing those pink feet coming in for a landing.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oh my....wow. So many hundreds of geese. To see just ONE pink footed goose would be a perfect day....but, to see this number at once would keep me elated for weeks!! Wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing at I'd Rather B Birdin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pinkies are a great spectacle Adam. At Martin Mere you can get terrific views from the hides. Up here they remain very wild while the shooting season is on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pinkies are a great spectacle Adam. At Martin Mere you can get terrific views from the hides. Up here they remain very wild while the shooting season is on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of geese..glad they aren't on my golf course..Happy Sunday..Nice shots

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was surprised to see Canada Geese still in town this last week. The warm fall must have them waiting longer. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.