Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 26 November 2015

Great Northern Diver

Great Northern Divers have been popping up in good numbers around the country recently. Six were reported in one day at Carsington Waters in Derbyshire at the weekend. There had been one a bit closer to home though at Elton Reservoir in Rochdale. It's a bird I have tried many times to see, and I have been fortunate on a few occasions now. Each time though the views have been distant, and a scope has always been required. Nothing was different at Elton, as this particular bird spent a lot of time under water and once again distant. A great bird to see all the same, and I was glad to be able to add it to my year list, which has now crept up to 180.

This picture is of a previous closer encounter at Castleshaw Reservoir in Oldham a few years back.


12 comments:

  1. Great shot of your Northern Diver.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....looks like our Common Loons. What a fantastic shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adam,
    Nice capture and commentary!
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bird and I would like to see it no matter how distant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great capture...it looks like our loon or grebe which are diving birds but not birds that I have seen myself...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.