Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 20 September 2012

Meadow Pipit

On my patch we get Meadow Pipits a few times a year. They're usually passing through in the Spring and the Autumn. Sometimes they can stay for a day or two, and at other times they've stayed for a few weeks. This morning I found a pair that were being hassled by the Pied Wagtails. They kept getting chased, but were never scared off and managed to carry on skulking through the grass.
They are a bird that I take for granted sometimes, as they are quite common in the areas that I go birdwatching, but on closer inspection they are really quite a handsome little bird, as I think these pictures show.



You can see the yellow of the bill here.



Lovely olive markings on the back.

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little bird!! Lovely captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little bird indeed, Adam! I love his coloring and what wonderful captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little guy, seems to have a lot of personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice images, Adam. What's common in your area is pretty rare here in Vt. I am lucky to see a Pipit once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The have pretty markings, lovely bird and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little bird and great photos. Glad you shared them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming shots Adam. I rarely get to see this species on my local patch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great close photos. The markings on the birds are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant snaps and I love the markings on this particular bird.
    Well done!
    Have a Great Week!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little bird and those colours are so pretty. Happy weekend to you~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty ...I like how you got all the angles, he posed beautifully each way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely bird -- very nice portraits!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.