Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 18 January 2024

New Years Day (part 2)

Just a few miles down the road from Lunt Meadows, we moved on to Crosby Marine Lake for what had been a long staying Black-throated Diver. These are a bird I usually see at some distance out at sea and usually with the aid of a telescope. On this occasion, the inland marine lake meant the bird came considerably closer while it was doing it's laps. A bit of patience required, but it came very close a number of times, and what's more, the sun was in the right place too. A cracking looking bird, and one I was delighted both see, and get on my year list so early in January.









12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sighting, the Diver is a great bird. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only find the bird beautiful, but also the waves. What a wonderful combination. Nice photos. https://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of our loons. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sighting of any loon (diver) makes it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..like others have said, I reminds me of our loons. It is beautiful and rides low in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loon photos ~ so professional ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. The loon looks very pretty in the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Adam, My age stops me from getting out much so seeing blogs like yours keeps me in touch with nature, thankyou.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun bird to see Adam! You started off your year. Well. I'm wishing you a wonderful year ahead. With aloha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos of a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Adam,
    Beautiful series of photos of this Black-throated Diver.
    I enjoyed it.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.