Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 16 June 2022

Yellow Wagtail

Seeing or finding a Yellow Wagtail each year is by no means a given. I don't often visit their habitat at the right time of year, which in hindsight I really should do. A friend of mine kindly let me know of a field where he'd seen up to seven birds. It was too good an opportunity to turn down, so off I popped to try and locate them. It wasn't long before I heard and then saw a couple land on a muck pile. There were plenty of insects to keep them occupied and feeding. I sat and watched for a good hour, which gave me a good opportunity to take some decent pictures.


 

I just love this vibrant lemon yellow colour.






12 comments:

  1. Not one I've ever seen. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! A few Yellow wagtails are still seen near a lake here in Bangalore. Hope they will stay a bit longer before they head back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures of the Yellow Wagtail! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots again. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a beautiful color. It's hard to get out and find all the birds we wish to see. I was hoping to see a Cuckoo this week but it's too hot to go check!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not many of our local birds have brilliant colours. Maybe that's an adaptation for safety in the woods. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Adam...I love your Yellow Wagtails images. They are beautiful! I had my first Yellow Warbler last month and WOW it was brilliant too. I hope that you are doing well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vaguely reminiscent of a goldfinch. I've never seen a wagtail though!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/06/gumbys-on-mound.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. the yellow wagtail is bright and handsome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never seen before ... thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the article is very good and very useful. the article is interesting to read and very easy to understand. thanks for writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.