Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Tuesday 27 April 2021

In Good Company

At this time of year if you venture into the Peak District you are bound to hear the bubbling call of the Curlew. It's a great sound to hear echoing down the valleys, only made better by a fly by.



The Red Grouse are looking in really good condition at the moment. Here is the male with it's striking red eyebrow. This one stayed nicely hunkered down in the heather, but still looked great in the setting sunlight.


This stunning male Stonechat popped up on a post right in front of me as I perched in my car. I was clearly well camouflaged as it stood here for some time surveying the landscape and generally looking very pretty.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,
    What a beautiful series of these Curlew, Red Grouse and Stonechat.
    Photo 5 is my favorite.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds never cease to amaze me, Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam,
    really beautiful pictures of the flying curlew.
    I have never seen the red fowl and it does not occur in the Netherlands. The photo of the Stonechat is amazing.
    Very nice to see.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.