Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 10 May 2019

Pied Flycatcher

I'd seen a Pied Flycatcher a few weeks ago at Titchwell, but it was quite a quick glimpse and only one that confirmed what it was. I look forward to seeing them each year, but it requires a special trip out. Never a problem for me as it is on my favourite birdwatching patch. Gosh, what a bummer!
So, special trip made, and right on cue a pair were found. Took a bit of searching, but when found, I had a good amount of time spent with them. The male was in song quite a lot of the time by the nest site, and the female was busy gathering nesting material. Such good looking birds. So glad they make the trip from West Africa each year.

 The male Pied Flycatcher.


The slightly less colourful female, but a lovely looking bird all the same.


Along the river bank of the River Goyt there were a couple of pairs of Common Sandpipers. Not usually the most confiding bird, this pair were unaware of my presence as they gathered nesting material.
 



21 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty birds. The male Pied Flycatcher is a beauty. Love the Sandpiper! Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the beautiful birds.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...these wee ones are new to me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little black-and-white rascal visits my Finnish garden too and steals Blue tits' nests!...
    Very cool shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had a good bird watching patch reasonably near by. The only places I know here are really places where I need a one or two night stop over 😒 Meanwhile I just enjoy our garden birds in the birdbath.
    I love the pied flycatcher, a bird I have never seen. Have a good Sunday Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pied Flycatcher is an enchanting little bird, and it is not hard to grasp the sense of joy it brings to you when it returns each year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy watching bird couples prepare for the special event, and know they're so dedicated to their task! Gorgeous, both species.
    As always, thanks for taking time to add your link with us at I'd Rather B Birdin', and enjoy your week ahead. Good birding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YeS!!! what a bummer, special trip, favorite path...that must be devastating!!! i have never seen a pied flycatcher, perhaps that bird is exclusive to your area? it is such a pretty bird and your pictures are beautiful!! the tree branches really add to the beauty of the image!!

    the sandpipers are sweet as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what sweet looking birds ~ and they catch flies ~ good thing ~ great 'feathered friends' photography!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very pretty little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how lovely! I still have not seen any flycatcher up here :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. The male flycatcher is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a handsome fellow that flycatcher is! You are lucky to have such a great patch! Thanks for sharing the wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos of beautiful birds. They look like they're very small.
    My post features a visit to Seattle's Volunteer Park Conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos and I like the patchy green background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great mossy backdrop for your lovely little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That flycatcher has such interesting markings. We don't have them here as far as I know.
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/05/home-made-salami.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely photos of the pied flycatcher, a bird I've never had a decent view of in the wild

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous little birds! We don't have a lot of variety here in New Zealand when it comes to little birds.

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.